Hello. We’re looking for a mid/senior PHP developer.
Choyr is a pre-launch social media start-up based in London, focused on a specific, niche market. We’re looking for an experienced, mid/senior PHP developer to join us in London, UK (no remote work) at this exciting time as we launch into our first markets and beyond.
- Full responsibility for the back end of the product, including managing staging and production environments.
- Maintaining the existing backend codebase and architecting new feature sets for the product.
- Being actively involved in improving the existing product, especially its performance and scalability.
- Planning the release of features through continuous integration and deployment to production.
- Implementing best practices in software design.
- Strong Laravel 5 experience.
- Strong PHP experience.
- An advanced understanding of OOP, SOLID, and design patterns.
- Experience with relational databases (particularly MySQL).
- A web application development background.
- Unit testing fundamentals, with experience of TDD (creating functional & unit tests).
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment.
- Experience of performance tuning, especially optimising code as a start-up grows.
- DevOps experience, including deploying and configuring servers.
- Experience with AWS (EC2, S3, SQS, and others).
- Experience of third-party APIs (particularly Stripe).
- Great problem solving skills.
- Great communication skills.
- You’re motivated, and have great organisational skills.
- You love having responsibility and influence for a significant amount of a product, and the product as a whole.
- You’re curious, and love to learn and try new technologies.
- You work well in an Agile environment.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- Flexible hours in a London start-up environment. We’re more interested in high quality code and consistency than a regimented 9 to 5.
- Direct involvement in all aspects of the product’s development. We’re a small team; everyone’s opinion is important.
Send an email to email@example.com, include your CV, and we’ll be in touch.